Wednesday, March 25, 2015

A Bit From The Man of the Hour

A little question and answer with J.  Remember, he's 11.  This interview took place with me sitting on the couch and him sitting in the chair.  I was doing this to pass the time while he was trying to decide to take the pills.  They are crushed up into powder and placed into gel capsules, so that he can't taste them, but he still doesn't take them very easily.  Imagine a little bit of whining in the voice, and you've probably got it right.


What do you think about lymphoma?
I don't like it.  Mainly because of all the medications I have to take, especially the steroids?  I also don't like it because of all the surgery?

What is something you like about being in the hospital?
I don't really like anything.

What do you dislike about the hospital?
Basically everything.  I barely get any sleep.  The food.  The nurses come in all the time.  Those are some examples.

Is there not something you like about the hospital?
No

What do you think of the clothes you are wearing?  Do you like the freedom of a hospital gown?
Kind of, because it isn't tied around my incision.

But they don't cover you up very well, what do you think of that?
I wish they made pants and underwear not tight.

Will you wear pants and underwear after they take your staples out?
I don't know.  I wore them once at home.

What do you want to do when you get home from the hospital?
I don't know...I just don't know.  Sleep?  Not have to take steroids and not get shots (which I will have to).

Is there anything you would like to do out of the house?
I can't really go in public places, so there is basically no place that I can go, that I want.

Where would you go if you could?
I don't know?

What worries you about being at home?
Having to take steroids and the shots.  My noisy siblings.

Won't you be excited to see them?
But they are so noisy.

Are you sure there isn't anything you like about the hospital?
Yes I'm sure.

What about the people?  Do you like any of the people taking care of you?
I just don't want to answer all these questions.  And I don't want to take these steroids.  I just really want IV steroids!!!! I HATE STEROIDS!!!

And that is a typical conversation.  Maybe I'll try to capture his happy side when he's not being coerced into taking medicine.  Other than how he feels when it's medication time, he's really doing pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Simultaneously cute, pathetic and HILARIOUS!:) I love the part about "when you get home will you wear pants and underwear?" Idk- I wore them once....

    ReplyDelete